Dour sentence example
- The social reformer of the past is depicted as a dour spinster wielding an axe to break barrels of "Demon Rum."
- It is situated at the mouth of a small stream, the Dour, whose valley here breaches the high chalk cliffs which fringe the coast on either hand.
- A rare capacity for tedious work, a dour Catonian rectitude, a passion for truth, pride, irritability at criticism and independence of character, are the marks of Herculano as a man.
- The tanker driver was a dour, surly man.
- In front of our forge was a small steam hammer worked by a rather dour individual.Advertisement
- If given the choice between two potential partners, one with a sunny disposition, and another with a dour expression, a male Sagittarian will always choose the individual who is smiling.
- And as I've already said, without the tongue-in-cheek performances of the original, the characters seem pretty dour here.
- Turk feels an affinity with the dour playwright's style.
- Darrow's personality, by contrast [with Chesterton ], seemed rather colorless and certainly very dour.
- Chancellor Brown a tax fixated, somewhat dour, middle-aged man has shown himself in a surprising light.Advertisement
- There's also great support from Deddie Davies as the down-to-earth Farmer's wife and the slightly dour Anthony Pedley as Farmer Hogget.
- Their delightfully dour little pop songs do touch on the melancholic side of things, but the lyrics are wonderfully slice-of-life descriptions.
- On base models, the mix of black and gray plastics looks dour.
- His current dour persona makes John Major and Iain Duncan Smith look inspirational.
- But Carlisle are very dour but that's my team so.. .Advertisement
- His wife Annie was dour and a bit on the chunky side.
- "Fill this out," a dour black lady said, handing her a clipboard.