Double-bass sentence example
- (A project of Wagner's which instrumentmakers found impracticable, so that Wagner had to content himself with a kind of valve trombone shaped like a trumpet.) 3 trombones and i double-bass trombone.
- Larger combinations, being semi-orchestral, especially where the double-bass and wind instruments are used, lend themselves to a somewhat lighter style; thus Beethoven's septet and Schubert's octet are both in the nature of a very large serenade.
- The use of a double bass gives them an original sound.
- Nicola joined a new chamber orchestra as double bass player in Lisbon after her university courses before returning to the North of England.
- He plays the double bass in the skiffle band The Dodge Brothers.Advertisement
- Simon H. Fell studied double bass under Peter Leah at Batley Grammar School and Huddersfield Polytechnic.
- Rob ' Bobcat ' Bundy slaps the double bass.
- She has been principal double bass with the Slaithwaite Philharmonic since 1998.
- The double bass drone can be of compact form with a triple bore in the lower joint or of full length for spectacular effect.
- His other brother played the bass fiddle (or double bass ).Advertisement
- Their sound includes off-kilter lyrics, blues guitar jangle and wailing harmonica, low down funky drums and fat jazz double bass.
- They fuse layers of sampled loops and rock guitars with an array of acoustic instruments including harmonica, mandolin and bowed double bass.
- As the double bass kicks in and the Harrison inflected guitars start to grind out catchy blues licks, something becomes abundantly clear.
- I use the DW 9000 double bass drum pedals.
- The double bass is also called the bass viol, string bass, and bass fiddle.Advertisement
- Robert Firpo, a band leader, expanded the instrumentation into a tango sextet, with two bandoneons, two violins, a piano and a double bass.
- Alarm bells should have been ringing when an electric cello and electric double bass appeared.