Dotage sentence example
- Edward was now sinking into his dotage.
- In fact, in the last years of his reign he had sunk into a perfect dotage.
- The contemptuously respectful attitude of the younger men to the old man in his dotage was expressed in the highest degree by the behavior of Chichagov, who knew of the accusations that were being directed against Kutuzov.
- Whereas in Europe, particularly France and Italy, it's been the norm for women to continue to wear beautiful, sexy lingerie even into dotage, in America it's considered almost distasteful.
- When in 1867 he attempted to head a rising, he was captured and condemned to death, but spared on the ground that he was in his dotage.Advertisement
- M Blot, with a view of showing that his theological writings were the productions of his dotage, has fixed their date between 1712 and 1719.
- Though the signory still made a brave show upon occasions of parade, it was clear that the state was rotten to the core, ahd sinking into the decrepitude of dotage.
- The French system of taxation was maintained because it brought in ampler revenues; but feudalism, the antiquated legislation and bureaucracy were revived, and all the officers and officials still living who had served the state before the Revolution, many of them now in their dotage, were restored to their posts; only nobles were eligible for the higher government appointments; all who had served under the French administration were dismissed pr reduced in rank, and in the army beardless scions of the aristocracy were placed over the, heads of war-worn veterans who had commanded regiments in Spain and Russia.