Doorkeeper sentence example
- The office of doorkeeper explains itself, though it must be remembered that it was the special duty of the Christian ostiarius to exclude the unbaptized and persons undergoing penance from the more solemn part of the Eucharistic service.
- Corbett was appointed assistant doorkeeper of the Kansas House of Representatives in Topeka.
- When it was necessary to account for this position, theologians quoted the text of the Gospels, where St Peter is represented as the rock on which the Church is built, the pastor of the sheep and lambs of the Lord, the doorkeeper of the kingdom of heaven.
- All orders of clergy, therefore, even the "doorkeeper," took precedence of him.
- The LES is a muscle located at the bottom of the esophagus and acts as a doorkeeper to the stomach.Advertisement