Dogfish sentence example
- Make sure you take along some frozen fish bait, just in case the dogfish are feeding.
- Dogfish swim around lazily, while large spider crabs clamber up steep rocky walls, over soft layers of seaweed or along sandy gullies.
- Whiting, dabs, dogfish, plus the odd monkfish make up the early season catches.
- We had a nice breakfast and Chris caught a dogfish.
- Much marine life was observed on this dive including a lone dogfish.Advertisement
- Few cod or whiting only dogfish and early ray.
- Other species such as rockling and freshwater eel, plus occasionally a few lesser-spotted dogfish and strap conger eel, will show.
- The lesser spotted dogfish is the most common shark species around the UK, including Sussex.
- The Portuguese dogfish is found in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans.
- We saw a shark (possibly a spiny dogfish) cruising up from the depths.Advertisement
- I came across a Mermaid's Purse, with a young dogfish still alive inside, tangled around the base of a kelp.
- The only rich source of dietary squalene comes from the liver oils of the deep-sea dogfish.
- By 4 months the baby dogfish is about half grown.
- Briefly, the chief fish of Japan are the bream (tai), the perch (suzuki), the mullet (bora), the rock-fish (hatatate), the grunter (oni-o-koze), the mackerel (saba), the sword-fish (tachi-uwo), the wrasse (kusabi), the haddock (tara), the flounder (karei), and its congeners the sole (hiranie) and the turbot (ishi-garei), the shad (namazu), the salmon (shake), the mash, the carp (koi), the funa, the gold fish (kzngyo), the gold carp (higoi), theloach (dojo), the herring (nishin) the iwashi (Clu pea melanosticta), the eel (unagi), the conger eel (anago), the coffer-fish (hako-uwo), the fugu (Tetrodon), the ai (Plecoglossus altivelis), the sayori (Heminamphus sayoni), the shark (same), the dogfish (maiiuka-zame), the ray (e), the sturgeon (chO-lame) and the maguro (Thynnus sibi).
- The purses of the thornback ray are around 60mm long with pointed corners, rather than the sticky threads found in dogfish.Advertisement