Doffed sentence example
- The other rider doffed her helmet, spilling waves of blond hair.
- Then Efim deliberately doffed his hat and began crossing himself.
- The talking instantly ceased, hats and caps were doffed, and all eyes were raised to the count.
- He tried to crawl upward toward her, but she just smiled down and doffed her beggar's hood so he'd recognize her.
- He doffed his Circassian cap to his master and looked at him scornfully.Advertisement
- Thanks to magazines like Playboy, Playgirl, and Penthouse, many celebrities have doffed their clothing to appear naked in centerfolds and other photo shoots.
- The commissary, who was smoking at his ease, politely doffed his hat upon the singer's entrance.
- Almost every time a new carriage drove up a whisper ran through the crowd and caps were doffed.
- What singles Pedro out from the crowd is the soulful elements and the doffed cap toward nature.
- According to its sex, or the season of the year, it is known as the red, grey or brown linnet, and by the earlier English writers on birds, as well as in many localities at the present time, these names have been held to distinguish at least two species; but there is now no question among ornithologists on this point, though the conditions under which the bright crimson-red colouring of the breast and crown of the cock's spring and summer plumage is donned and doffed may still be open to discussion.Advertisement
- At the ensuing review at Godollo, Kossuth expressed the sentiments of the whole nation when he doffed his hat as Damjanich's battalions passed by.