Divine-intervention sentence example
- James IV was rescued from the River, James IV believed his rescue was thanks to the divine intervention of the Virgin Mary.
- Notable evolutionists and denier of divine creation, divine intervention and divine judgment was Aldous Huxley, the grandson of Thomas Huxley.
- The historians, in accord with the old habit of acknowledging divine intervention in human affairs, want to see the cause of events in the expression of the will of someone endowed with power, but that supposition is not confirmed either by reason or by experience.
- Without admitting divine intervention in the affairs of humanity we cannot regard "power" as the cause of events.
- Some people want you to believe that the bad things that happen in the world are divine intervention for our sins.Advertisement
- When the stranger suddenly pulled Sarah back from the path of the speeding truck, she took it as divine intervention.
- The only way we're going to win this game is through an act of divine intervention!
- It could only have been divine intervention that saved our house from the hurricane while the rest of the street was leveled.
- When his wife was in intensive care after the accident, Jim prayed for some divine intervention.
- In 1 Macc. there is a keen sense of the part to be played by the Jews themselves, of the necessity of employing their own skill and valour; here they are made to rely rather upon divine intervention.Advertisement