Divi sentence example
- This side of his preparation was finished by a close study of Scripture, the results of which are contained in his commentaries, In omnes Epistolas Divi Apostoli Expositio, his Super Isaiam et Jeremiam, and his In Psalmos.
- - We have al 17 ready seen that in numerous lower insects the abdomen 18 is formed from twelve divi 19 sions placed in linear fashion.
- On the walls of the temple is engraved the famous Monumentum Ancyranum, a long inscription in Latin and Greek describing the Res gestae divi Augusti; the Latin portion being inscribed on the inner left-hand wall of the pronaos, the Greek on the outside wall of the naos (cella).
- Ancyr., Mommsen, Res gestae divi Augusti (1883); and Inscr.
- But the emperor Augustus carried on the tradition of ancient statecraft by having Julius Caesar recognized as a god (divus J ulius), the first of a new class of deities proper (divi).Advertisement
- More ancient evidence is supplied by an inscription found at Aquinum, recording, so far as it has been deciphered, the dedication of an altar to Ceres by a Iunius Iuvenalis, tribune of the first cohort of Dalmatians, duumvir quinquennalis, and flamen Divi Vespasiani, a provincial magistrate whose functions corresponded to those of the censor at Rome.