Diverts sentence example
- Within the focus of the object-glass is a right-angled prism of total reflection, which diverts the converging rays from the object-glass at right angles to the axis of the telescope, and permits the observing micrometer n to be mounted in the very convenient position shown in the figure.
- However, blaming globalization for the consequences diverts attention from such criminal misdeeds and also misdirects analysis of their underlying causes.
- This connection diverts water into the barrel while preventing debris to enter the barrel The debris is bypassed and continues through the downspout.
- A recycling program diverts cardboard, plastic, and aluminum cans from landfills.
- Shunt-A passageway (or an artificially created passageway) that diverts blood flow from one main route to another.Advertisement
- The series premiere of True Blood's second season diverts from the second book Living Dead in Dallas when the identity of the body in the back of the car does not belong to the same character who turned up dead in the book.