Diverticulum sentence example
- The fore limbs grow simultaneously, and even more rapidly, but remain concealed within a diverticulum of the branchial chambers until fully formed, when they burst through the skin (unless the left spiraculum be utilized for the egress of the corresponding limb).
- The male duct vd becomes fleshy and muscular near its termination at the genital pore, forming the penis p. Attached to it is a diverticulum fl, in which the spermatozoa which have descended from the ovo-testis are stored and modelled into sperm ropes or spermatophores.
- In the Metanemertini there is a curious diverticulum of the intestine which stretches forward in the median line, ventral to the socalled stomach.
- The small arm-sinus runs along the arms of the lophophore at the base of the tentacles, and gives off a blind diverticulum into each of these.
- A, Fasciola hepatica, from the ventral surface (X 2); the alimentary and nervous systems only shown on the left side of the figure, the excretory only on the right; a, right main branch of the intestine; c, a diverticulum; g, lateral ganglion; n, lateral nerve; o, mouth; p, pharynx; s, ventral sucker; cs, cirrus sac; d, left anterior dorsal excretory vessel; m, main vessel; v, left anterior ventral trunk; x, excretory pore.Advertisement
- From the cephalic part of this primary diverticulum solid rods of cells called the hepatic cylinders grow out, and these branch again and again until a cellular network is formed surrounding and breaking up the umbilical and vitelline veins.
- No glands open into the alimentary canal, but a diverticulum, which varies enormously in size, opens into the rectum.
- In the same region of the body, namely, close behind the pharynx, a large diverticulum is given off from the ventral side of the gut.
- A diverticulum is an extension of a hollow organ, usually shaped like a pouch with a narrow opening.
- A congenital bladder diverticulum represents an area of weakness in the bladder wall through which extrudes some of the lining of the bladder.Advertisement
- A Meckel's diverticulum increases the risk that a foreign object in the digestive tract will get trapped or stuck in the small intestine and cause problems.