Diuresis sentence example
- The powerful resinous odor of the newly-cut wood was said to cause troublesome diuresis in saw mill workers (Sargent 1896 ).
- These all act to dilute the serum potassium level and promote diuresis by increasing the intra-vascular volume.
- It is theoretically advantageous to administer alkali and induce diuresis as the drug is acidic and excreted in the urine.
- Chemical imbalance can occur as a result of osmotic diuresis.
- Potassium loss due to excessive diuresis may necessitate a reduction in the dose of diuretic.Advertisement
- In addition, high dose systemic leucovorin or alkaline diuresis may be required.
- This is the main reason why the plasma potassium level is seen to fall in patients having a large diuresis.
- Forced diuresis should not be used since it does not enhance salicylate excretion and may cause pulmonary edema.
- In old days free elimination by these channels was looked upon as a sign of returning health, and was termed a "critical" diuresis, diarrhoea or sweating, according to the channel through which the eliminative act had occurred.