Dissipative sentence example
- If, however, we recognize the existence of dissipative forces called into play by any motion whatever of the system, the conclusion can be drawn as follows.
- In practice the vibrations of a system are more or less affected by dissipative forces.
- The terms due to F in (33) are such as would arise from frictional resistances proportional to the absolute velocities of the particles, or to mutual forces of resistance proportional to the relative velocities; they are therefore classed as frictional or dissipative forces.
- He was awarded the Nobel Prize in chemistry in 1977 for his contributions to nonequilibrium thermodynamics, particularly the theory of dissipative structures.
- Describe how Lyapunov exponents can be used to determine the fractal dimension of a strange attractor in a dissipative system.Advertisement