Dissenter sentence example
- He later became a dissenter, throwing over his original intention of going to Oxford University.
- The lone dissenter to leave the world's fastest growing.
- After the death of his father, who was a rigid Dissenter, his mother, left in poverty, lived with some Roman Catholic families.
- Even after this certain High Churchmen held that a Lutheran was a" dissenter,"and that the prince should be asked to subscribe to the Thirty-Nine Articles.
- 5, a dissenter chosen churchwarden and scrupling to take the oaths may execute his office by deputy.Advertisement
- Strictly a " dissenter " is one who dissents from the church as an " established " body, or who dissents from the establishment of a state church, while conforming or not to its forms, ceremonies or practice.
- Throughout his whole career Binney was a vigorous opponent of the state church principle, but those who simply classified him as a narrow-minded political dissenter did him injustice.