Dismissals sentence example
- The bulk of industry found itself faced with the impossibility of disposing of the goods previously manufactured, and acted in consequence as best suited the interests of the moment: there were general dismissals of workmen, and enterprises were restricted or suspended.
- Thus during the first weeks of the war there was very great unemployment in parts of the industrial regions, since the dismissals far exceeded the proportion of enrolments in the army, while agriculture, which was already occupied with the harvest, suffered from a serious shortage of labour.
- There were also some 9,000 dismissals of public servants for political reasons; but nearly all of these men were subsequently reinstated by the Venizelist Government itself, after they had sworn allegiance to the new order of things.
- Using staff flexibility (within reasonable limits) should maximize opportunities to avoid redundancy dismissals.
- dismissals for redundancy, even where the employer has gone into administration.Advertisement
- peremptory dismissals made compelling viewing, and I for one was glued to my TV.
- redundancy dismissals.