Dismally sentence example
- The disadvantage of the possession of too strait a conscience in politics was never more dismally illustrated.
- We failed dismally to make it on the DVD by not gushing suitably.
- There was a regretful accent in the creature's voice, and at the words all the other dragonettes sighed dismally.
- It 's hardly anyone 's idea of enhancement, and Gomes calls it " dismally inferior ", and has a lovely simile.
- The perfect winter coat isn't just some bulky old thing that keeps you warm at the first sign of dismally cold weather.Advertisement
- Wagner's choice of subjects had from the outset shown an imagination far above that of any earlier librettist; yet he had begun with stories which could attract ordinary minds, as he dismally realized when the libretto of Der fliegende Hollander so pleased the Parisian wire-pullers that it was promptly set to music by one of their friends.