Disinherit sentence example
- But the act of parliament which embodied it did not formally disinherit the reigning kings son, as the treaty of Troyes had done, but merely ignored his existence.
- Parents are free to disinherit their children; and, if a son separates from the family without his father's permission, he receives no share of the property except a gun and his wife's dowry.3 The Lapps are of necessity conservative in most of their habits, many of which can hardly have altered since the first taming of the reindeer.
- In order to disinherit his own family, Boffille de Juge gave up the countship of Castres to his brother-in-law, Alain d'Albret (1494).
- During his time at Christ's he became a Protestant, despite his father's threat to disinherit him.
- Having married an accomplished young nobleman, Nicephorus Bryennius, she united with the empress Irene in a vain attempt to prevail upon her father during his last illness to disinherit his son and give the crown to her husband.Advertisement
- 1 In the summer of 1688 he undertook to plead the cause of a son with an angry father, and at length prevailed on the old man not to disinherit the young one.
- A father could disinherit a son in early times without restriction, but the Code insisted upon judicial consent and that only for repeated unfilial conduct.