Discerns sentence example
- But the Synoptists, especially Mark, give the slow steps in even the apostles' realization of Jesus' Messianic character; only at Caesarea Philippi Simon alone, for the first time, clearly discerns it, Jesus declaring that His Father has revealed it to Him, and yet Simon is still scandalized at the thought of a suffering Messiah (Mark viii.
- A practised ear easily discerns the coexistence of these various tones when a pianoforte or violin string is thrown into vibration.
- As a metaphysician he starts from what he terms "the higher scepticism" of the Hume-Kantian sphere of thought, the beginnings of which he discerns in Locke's perplexity about the idea of substance.
- The intellect is a cleaver; it discerns and rifts its way into the secret of things.
- You will also read a "level", which discerns for you ahead of time how much dance experience is expected to pull off the dance correctly after a few practice runs.Advertisement