Discards sentence example
- He uses women then discards them.
- In this endeavour Lotze discards as useless and untenable many favourite conceptions of the school, many crude notions of everyday life.
- From these results we see that Shaftesbury, opposed to Hobbes and Locke, is in close agreement with Hutcheson, and that he is ultimately a deeply religious thinker, inasmuch as he discards the moral sanction of public opinion, the terrors of future punishment, the authority' of the civil authority, as the main incentives to goodness, and substitutes the voice of conscience and the love of God.
- Swedenborg discards a physical resurrection, as at death the eyes of men are opened to the spiritual world in which we exist now, and they continue to live essentially as they lived here, until by their affinities they are drawn to heaven or hell.
- He discards, as it were, and takes in from the stock while professing to play from what he has originally in his hand.Advertisement
- He discards whatever is most seriously discordant with the bulk of the available statements.
- His flexible mind impatiently discards the shibboleths of old think.
- The cup itself is made from a crack-resistant rubber coated plastic so it can take the punishment when a toddler discards the cup from the highchair or while walking around.
- When a player discards a tile, you can see right away whether you can meld a "pong", "kong", or "chow".
- For example, if you are only holding onto one "red dragon" tile and someone discards an identical tile, you cannot "pung", because you would not be making a set of three by taking that second "red dragon" tile.Advertisement
- This discards the Palm OS and Windows Mobile that lay beneath previous Palm smartphones.
- A key difference between Vitamix and other machines on the market is that Vitamix thoroughly blends every component of a juice or puree, whereas a juicer separates and discards rinds, pits, pulp, and other hard-to-digest substances.
- You or your team must create a sequence before your opponents do.Each round goes like this: a player selects a card from his hand to play, sets the chip on the gameboard, discards that card, and then replaces that card.
- This player discards any pair which may have been formed by the card drawn, and next offers his own hand to the player on his left.
- He does have small feelings for Sammi, but quickly discards them when he finds out she is into Ronnie.Advertisement