Disburse sentence example
- In the 13th century a knight with two squires, one groom, and the requisite horses, had to disburse 82 marks of silver for his passage; while for a single pilgrim the rate was rather less than r mark.
- There is also a superintendent of schools for each county, and the counties are divided into school districts, each having three directors, who disburse the school funds and have the care of the school property.
- Area Committees already disburse local development grants of various kinds.
- There is often a gap between what donors commit to give, and what they actually disburse.
- Trusts which enjoy tax-exempt status must conform strictly to their remit and cannot disburse any surplus monies except to fulfill their stated objectives.Advertisement
- This arresting sentiment guided Andrew Carnegie, the American steel plutocrat to disburse his entire fortune in philanthropic work.
- Though Trinity hospital no longer exists as a hospital with resident pensioners, the trustees disburse annually pensions to certain poor burgesses and their wives and children; and the trust controlling the benevolent branch of the Gillespie hospital endowment is similarly administered.
- To pay legally, the nanny is considered an employee and will need to disburse social security and income taxes.
- From the very first sentence up until the last, the write up must grab the reader's attention and compel them to disburse funds.