Disapproves sentence example
- The path of duty for a general saddled with a plan which he disapproves is not easily discoverable.
- The governor may veto within five days, besides Sunday, after it has been presented to him, any bill or resolution of which he disapproves, and a two-thirds vote of the members of both houses is required to pass over his veto.
- Any bill of which he disapproves he can within five days after its passage prevent from becoming a law unless it is passed over his veto by a two-thirds vote of each house of the legislature.
- His redeeming feature is his generous admiration for strength of character, even when it goes along with a policy of which he disapproves.
- Whenever the governor approves of the general purpose of a bill, but disapproves of some portion or portions, he may return the bill with his recommendations for amendment, and when it comes back to him, he may, whether his recommendations have been adopted or not, treat it as if it were before him for the first time.Advertisement
- It takes a view of these, approves or disapproves, impels to or restrains from action.