Dieback sentence example
- Drought is also thought to be a factor causing dieback in hedgerow trees, which are not included in the UK crown density survey.
- A whole plant showing dieback was sent to CSL for diagnosis.
- The symptoms on Pieris were an aerial twig dieback (Fig.
- dieback symptoms was first described in Zaire in 1989 but the causal agent was not established.
- In North America it also causes ramorum dieback or ramorum leaf blight on a range of woodland plants.Advertisement
- This forest dieback or degradation could potentially contribute 10 to 100 Gt C to the atmosphere in the coming century.
- The other problem affecting alders is crown dieback, which results in the tree dying from the top downwards.
- On other native plants in California the symptoms are quite variable but are usually associated with leaf spotting and branch dieback.
- On conifers in California, the pathogen causes a needle blight and dieback of young shoots of Douglas fir and coastal redwood.