Die-back sentence example
- Remove the faded flowers of gladioli and allow the foliage to die back fully before lifting the corms to store over the winter.
- Some tulips will rebloom if they are planted at the proper depth in well-drained, properly fertilized soil and if the foliage is allowed to die back naturally and not trimmed while still green.
- The cheapest outdoor plants tend to be annuals, which means they live and flower for one season, then die back in the winter and do not return in the spring.
- Perennials, which come back every year or don't die back in the winter, tend to be more expensive but are worth it in the long run because you don't have to replace them annually.
- Coriaria Torminalis - A plant from the Thibetan frontier of China, and quite hardy in the south of Britain at least, making a shrubby root-stock and her-baceous stems of 2 or 3 feet, which die back each winter.Advertisement
- For plants that die back when the first frost hits, you will need to calculate the days until harvest.
- You may need to water every three to five days until tops die back for the year.