Dias sentence example
- The most popular of the Brazilian poets are Thomaz Antonio Gonzaga, Antonio Gonsalves Dias and Bernardo Guimaraes.
- Another poet of the same school is Balthazar Dias, the blind poet, whose simple religious autos are still performed in the villages, and are continually reprinted, the best liked being the Auto of St Alexis, and the Auto of St Catherine.
- On the other hand Jose Sim p es Dias broke with the Romantic tradition in which he had been educated, and successfully sought inspiration from popular sources, as his Peninsulares proves.
- There is only one railway in the state, which runs from Aracaju northward to Capella, with a branch running westward to Simao Dias.
- The city dates from 1701, when a gold-mining settlement was established in its ravines by Antonio Dias of Taubate.Advertisement
- The thrush is represented by a number of species, one of which, the sabia (Mimus), has become the popular song-bird of Brazil through a poem written by Gonsalves Dias.
- Finally the best literary critic and one of the most correct prose writers of the period is Francisco Dias Gomes.
- Minas Geraes was first explored by Fernando Dias Paes Leme between 1664 and 1677, though he was not the first European to penetrate it.