Diametrical sentence example
- To the curial system, so evolved, and continually fortifying its position in the domains of theology, ecclesiastical law and politics, the episcopal system stands in diametrical opposition.
- diametrical opposite.
- So diametrical a difference could not have arisen at once_ For, though Aristotle was different from Plato, and brought with.
- had been the adversary of Alexander VI., as pope he stood equally in diametrical opposition to his predecessor.
- diametrical clearances for journal bearings under steady loads and for hydrodynamic lubrication.Advertisement
- Thus he proceeds in all his decorative work, avoiding studiously the exact repetition of any lines and spaces, and all diametrical divisions, or, if these be forced upon him by the shape of the object, exercising the utmost ingenuity to disguise the fact, and train away the eye from observing the weak point, as nature does in like circumstances.
- Among the pre-Socratic nature-philosophers of Greece, Heraclitus and the Eleatics are the chief representatives of this polemic. The diametrical opposition of the grounds on which the veracity of the senses is impugned by the two philosophies (see Heraclitus, Parmenides, Eleatic School) was in itself suggestive of sceptical reflection.