- Morphology of an Insect: the embryo of Gryllotalpa, somewhat diagrammatic. The longitudinal segmented band along the middle line represents the early segmentation of the nervous system and the subsequent median field of each sternite; the lateral transverse unshaded bands are the lateral fields of each segment; the shaded areas indicate the more internally placed mesoderm layer.
By photography and diagrammatic records the clinical work of hospital wards has been brought into some better definition, and teaching made more accurate and more impressive.
- Diagrammatic projections to show the relations of the female reproductive ducts; A, in the Malacocotylea; B, in the Heterocotylea.
- Diagrammatic Longitudinal Sections of Cheilostomatous Zooecia.
- Diagrammatic Transverse Sections.
In the diagrammatic family tree of the Greek people, as it appears in the Hesiodic catalogue (6th century) and in Hellanicus (5th century), the " sons of Hellen " are Dorus, Xuthus (father of Ion and Achaeus) and Aeolus.
The almost total absence from Homer not only of "Dorians " but of " Ionians " and even of " Hellenes "leads to the conclusion that the diagrammatic genealogy of the " sons of Hellen " is of post-Homeric date; and that it originated as an attempt to classify the Doric, Ionic and Aeolic groups of Hellenic settlements on the west coast of Asia Minor, for here alone do the three names correspond to territorial, linguistic and political divisions.
(4) Diagrammatic section of Anodon to show the course of the alimentary canal.
4 represents the head (a) and feet (b, b) of the common silkworm, while c is a diagrammatic view of the silk glands.
2 is a diagrammatic sketch showing the appearance as viewed from the zenith; but it is only in exceptional circumstances that all the parts are seen.
Diagrammatic section of the fructification.
19 and 20 are regarded for a moment as forming a single diagrammatic figure instead of sections in different planes.
- Diagrammatic Sections of Tilting Siemens Furnace..
For diagrammatic purposes each member is sufficiently represented by a straight line terminating at the two joints; these lines will be referred to as the bars of the frame.
53.-Wright Flying Machine; diagrammatic sketch.
Mark a cessation of growth in the Diagrammatic transverse more internal meristematic rings.
- Diagrammatic longitudinal section of an Anthozoan zooid.
Nulariidae, Syringoporidae, B, Diagrammatic longitudinal section Tubi oridae and Favosi- of a corallite, showing two platforms, t i dae In the first-named p,and simple and cup-shaped tabulae, t.
B, Diagrammatic transverse section of Gonactinia prolifera.
- Corallum of Caryophyllia; semi-diagrammatic. th, Theca; c, costae; sp, septa; p, palus; col, columella.
- Diagrammatic reconstruction of Dipleurula.
- Diagrammatic reconstruction of primitive Pelmatozoan, seen from the side.
- Diagrammatic sections across the ambulacra of A, C, Pelmatozoa, and B, D, Eleutherozoa, placed in the same position for comparison.
- Diagrammatic sketches of prothalli of e, Selaginella.
- Diagrammatic sketches of spore-producing members of a, Equisetum.
20 is shown a diagrammatic sketch of this arrangement.
23 is a diagrammatic representation of the arrangement of the parts of such a flower; it is known as a floral diagram.
- Diagrammatic section of a symmetrical pentamerous flower of Stone-crop (Sedum), consisting of five sepals (s), five petals (p) alternating with the sepals, ten stamens (a) in two rows, and five carpels (c) containing ovules.
- Diagrammatic section of a quinquelocular ovary, composed of five carpels, the edges of which are folded inwards, and meet in the centre forming the septa, s.
- Diagrammatic section of a five-carpellary ovary, in which the edges of the carpels, bearing the placentas and ovules o, are not folded inwards.
- Diagrammatic section of a five-carpellary ovary, in which the septa (s) proceed inwards for a certain length, bearing the placentas and ovules (o).
- Diagrammatic section of a compound unilocular ovary, in which there are no indications of partitions.
Diagrammatic longitudinal section of cone, showing the axis (ax) bearing the bracts (br) with peltate sporangiophores (sp) springing from their axils; sm, sporangia.
Diagrammatic longitudinal section of the cone, showing the axis (ax) bearing alternate whorls of bracts (br) and peltate sporangiophores (sp) with their sporangia (sm).
Diagrammatic section of " seed " in plane tangential to the parent strobilus.
Physalia, general view, diagrammatic; B, cormidium of Physalia; D, palpon; T, palpacle; G, siphon; GP, gonopalpon; M d', male gonophore; M y, female gonophore, ultimately set free.
16, which shows in a diagrammatic form a wheel and axle connected to the framework of a vehicle, in the way adopted for railway trains.
- Diagrammatic sections to show disposition of internal organs in Carinella (Protonemertini), fig.
- Diagrammatic section through an arm of the lophophore of Crania.
- Diagrammatic projections to exhibit the relations of the female genital ducts in Trematodes with those in Cestodes.
- Diagrammatic Views of Disks of Rotifers: cingulum continuous; trochus dotted; groove shaded; mouth black.
- Diagrammatic Plan of the Inferior Surface of a Multilobed Liver of a Mammal.
Diagrammatic Representation of the Uterine Cavity opened up from in front.
Mollusca, and it is possible to construct a diagrammatic mollusc, as was first done by Lankester, which will possess these primitive features.