Devours sentence example
- Fortunately Morino saw the ad for Apple Hors Devours in the local paper and recognized Alfonso's cell phone number before they made their first sale.
- devours the sandwich in the time it takes Mommy to read just half of Rocky's autobiography.
- devours more than half of the entire funding of the European Union.
- In my short story ' Paraquat ' the seriously obese Mr Lely devours eleven loaves at a sitting.
- 13); (34) the tree called peridexion (protects pigeons from the serpent by its shadow); (35) the pigeons (of several colours;: led by one of them, which is of a purple or golden colour); (36) the antelope (or hydrippus; caught by its horns in the thicket); (37) the fireflints (of two sexes; combine to produce fire); (38) the magnet (adheres to iron); (39) the saw-fish (sails in company with ships); (40) the ibis (fishes only along the shore); (41) the ibex (descries a hunter from afar); (42) the diamond again (read "carbuncle"; found only by night); (43) the elephant.(conceives after partaking of mandrake; brings forth in the water; the young protected from the serpent by the father; when fallen is lifted up only by a certain small individual of its own kind); (44) the agate (employed in pearl-fishing); (45) the wild ass and ape (mark the equinox); (46) the Indian stone (relieves patients of the dropsy); (47) the heron (touches no dead body, and keeps to one dwellingplace); (48) the sycamore (or wild fig; grubs living inside the fruit and coming out); (49) the ostrich (devours all sorts of things; forgetful of its own eggs).Advertisement
- The inquiline habit (" cuckoo-parasitism "), when one species makes use of the labour of another by invading the nest and laying her eggs there, is of frequent occurrence among Hymenoptera; and in some cases the larva of the intruder is not content with taking the store of food provided, but attacks and devours the larva of the host.
- Consider hosting a cocktail wedding finger food reception, where servers mingle throughout the guests, offering hearty portions of delicious hors devours and desserts.
- Sometimes a child doesn't think he likes tomatoes, or turnips, until he tastes a new recipe…and then he devours it.
- Finger foods like hors' devours are good choices.
- There it feeds first as an internal parasite of the waspgrub, then bores its way out, moults and devours the wasp larva from outside.Advertisement
- Among the vegetable-feeding chafers we usually find that while the perfect insect devours leaves, the larva lives underground and feeds on roots.
- a few cases, the parasitic bee grub devours not only the food-supply, but also the larva of its host.
- After eating the contents of the egg, the larva moults and becomes a fleshy grub with short legs and with paired spiracles close to the dorsal region, so that, as it floats in and devours the honey, it obtains a supply of air.
- It feeds chiefly on fruit and roots, but kills sheep, goats, deer, ponies and cattle, and sometimes devours carrion.