Devi sentence example
- DURGA, or Devi (Sanskrit for inaccessible), in Hindu mythology, the wife of Siva and daughter of Himavat (the Himalayas).
- Though they themselves trace their origin to seven Mahommedan tribes, Hindus appear to have been associated with them at an early period; at any rate, their religious creed and practices as stanch worshippers of Kali (Devi, Durga), the Hindu goddess of destruction, had certainly no flavour of Islam in them.
- 1396-1407 The Durga Devi famine in India, lasting twelve years.
- Thence, bending slightly south, it extends in the line of snowy peaks which are seen from Simla to the famous peaks of Gangotri and Nanda Devi.
- Devi essere socio, prenotazioni confermate e garantite Carcassonne l'ostello. www.italian.hostelworld.com Ostelli New York - Prenota Online con Hostelworld.com Ostelli a New York.Advertisement
- The divine object of the adoration of the Saktas, then, is Siva's wife - the Devi (goddess), Mahadevi (great goddess), or Jagan-mata (mother of the world) - in one or other of her numerous forms, benign or terrible.
- While it's true that the majority of yoga gurus and students were male, Indra Devi was a primary exception.
- Iyengar, his first female student, Indra Devi, and his star pupil, Sri K.
- Devi serves lunch and dinner buffet-style, is kid-friendly and has a casual atmosphere.