Developmental-disabilities sentence example
- In particular, it targets children with developmental disabilities including mental retardation, autism, cerebral palsy, learning difficulties and epilepsy.
- Skilled companion teams are trained to help both children and adults with physical, cognitive or developmental disabilities.
- "Position of the American Dietetic Association: Providing Nutrition Services for Infants, Children, and Adults with Developmental Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs."
- Children with developmental disabilities or who become handicapped through accident or illness often need special assistance at home and at school.
- The 5-10 percent of children who survive their first year have severe developmental disabilities.Advertisement
- Speech and language developmental delays are often prevalent in children with developmental disabilities.
- "Position of the American Dietetic Association: Providing Nutrition Services for Infants, Children and Adults with Developmental Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs."
- These defects may not be visible on the outside, but may be fatal or cause severe mental and developmental disabilities because of the missing enzymes.
- Japanese composer Hikari ?e was born with a brain hernia and developmental disabilities which include autism, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
- A family of genetic syndromes that are caused by changes in the same gene, Fragile X can result in impairments in a spectrum that ranges from mild learning problems with a normal range IQ to severe developmental disabilities.Advertisement
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has developed the Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network (ADDM), which is an effort to find the number of people in the United States that have autism spectrum disorders.
- Treatments target learning disabilities, skill building, communication and overall development for people challenged by Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) and other developmental disabilities.
- The Texas Council for Developmental Disabilities offers information about developmental disabilities, and the organization strives to help families find the support and services they need.
- Early intervention services are suitable for individuals with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Applied Behavioral Analysis is an objective and reliable method to help children with autism-spectrum disorders and other developmental disabilities learn desirable behaviors, such as social and life skills.Advertisement
- Teachers and therapists will then help your child with developmental disabilities to transfer the skills and behaviors from the learning setting, usually the home or a classroom, to everyday life situations.