Developmental delay sentence example
- The test also contains items designed to identify young children at risk for developmental delay.
- Of these babies, 11,600 were born deaf; 3,580 were born blind; and 1,800 suffered severe developmental delay.
- Individuals with developmental delay or birth defects may be referred to a clinical geneticist for genetic testing or to a developmental pediatrician or neurologist for evaluation and diagnosis of FAS.
- The test is given in two versions: the Short Test Form, containing 15 figures, is used for ages three through eight; the Long Test Form, with 24 figures, is used for older children, adolescents, and adults with developmental delay.
- However, any child with signs of developmental delay of speech, language, or motor development with no known cause should be considered for fragile X testing, especially if there is a family history of the condition.Advertisement
- If untreated, beta thalassemia major can lead to severe lethargy, paleness, and growth and developmental delay.
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome-A severe form of epilepsy that is characterized by the onset in early childhood of frequent seizures of multiple types and by developmental delay.
- The test contains items designed to identify young children at risk for developmental delay.
- Children born with symptoms have a greater risk of developmental delay than children born without symptoms.
- Language delay is the most common developmental delay in children.Advertisement
- Developmental delay and learning problems: A wide range of treatment options is available to children with developmental delay and learning problems associated with SWS.
- By six to 12 months, developmental delay is usually noted.
- A developmental delay is any significant lag in a child's physical, cognitive, behavioral, emotional, or social development, in comparison with norms.
- The test is given in two versions: the Short Test Form containing 15 figures is used for ages three through eight; the Long Test Form, with 24 figures, is used for older children, adolescents, and adults with developmental delay.
- It is one of the most commonly misdiagnosed forms of autism and non-specific developmental delay.Advertisement
- The presence of a pervasive developmental delay leads to possible connections between autism and mitochondrial disorder.
- This does not mean that treatment is unnecessary; the child may have a developmental delay that needs to be addressed.