Deters sentence example
- This promotes peace and deters war.
- Some horses, good performers over any description of fence, will not jump water under any circumstances; while the chance of a ducking deters many from riding at it; and, however bold the horse may be, he will soon refuse water if his rider be perpetually in two minds when approaching it.
- Thus, debt aversion deters entry into higher education.
- In essence, information warfare attacks on the United States are deterred by the same policy that deters other types of attack.
- The difficulty of wintering the Brompton Stocks deters many from attempting their cultivation, and many die, even in a mild winter.Advertisement
- The reasoning behind this is that caffeine affects insulin balance and deters fat burning.
- It adds nothing to the evidence for a reading that it has been approved by a Lachmann or a Madvig or rejected by a Stoeber or a Carutti: and an appeal to names on any such question confuses issues and deters inquiry.
- Finally, it just deters from the rest of your up kept home when there are unsightly burns and stains on the front of your otherwise lovely brick fireplace.