Destructiveness sentence example
- Some attempt is made to diminish the destructiveness of war (xx.
- Similarly, the comparatively small destructiveness of modern plague, even in India, may be explained by the improved sanitary conditions and energetic measures dictated by modern knowledge.
- Its alleged destructiveness to the Hawaiian avifauna seems open to doubt.
- Nothing can be clearer or more frank and comprehensive in its destructiveness than the revolutionary anarchism of Bakunin.
- The increase in the destructiveness of war becomes even more striking when the relative brevity of the world wars is taken into account.Advertisement
- Von Bezold (81) in an earlier memoir presented data analogous to Steffens', seemingly accepting them as representing a true increase in thunderstorm destructiveness.
- Sherman, like Sheridan, was much criticized for his methods of reducing opposition, but it does not seem that his "bummers" were guilty of wanton cruelty and destructiveness, at least in general, though the cavalry naturally gave more ground for the accusation than the main body of the army.
- The increasing destructiveness of war.
- It steadily increased in destructiveness during the preceding eight years.