Despises sentence example
- He is insane and he despises us.
- And now, if you don't drop out of the election, you've got an opponent who despises you!
- Despite being highly creative and very talented, Milo struggles to find outlets for his thoughts and despises doing schoolwork.
- Perhaps you are his wife - you love him in polos, while he despises anything out of the t-shirt realm.
- With all the moving that Aries does, the sign's most negative characteristic is that Aries despises waiting in any respect.Advertisement
- The first two seasons end with the frightening discovery of the Xindi, a species who despises humans and are planning to kill millions of humans on Earth.
- He is an earnest, sometimes stern and sometimes pathetic, preacher of righteousness, who despises the mere graces of style and the subtleties of an abstruse logic. He has no patience with mere antiquarian study of the Stoical writers.
- The true Arab despises agriculture; but the pursuit of commerce, the organization and conduct of trading caravans, cannot be carried on without widespread connexions of blood and hospitality between the merchant and the leading sheiks on the route.
- He despises the king as a statesman, though for the man he has some kindly feeling.
- He resembles his father in his arrogant tone towards those whom he despises and those whom he hates, and he despises and hates all who differ from him.Advertisement
- Any school of thought which despises that hope has small right to call itself Christian.