Derisive sentence example
- Her derisive attitude will not be tolerated long here.
- No one wants to deal with Jim beecause he is so derisive towards his coworkers.
- She let out a short, derisive laugh when she heard the latest news from her gossiping friends.
- Her latest email seemed almost derisive, but it's hard to tell.
- Phin practically withered under the derisive grins of the school bullies.Advertisement
- The presidential candidate's badly prepared speech drew soft, derisive laughter from some of his opponents.
- The street evangelist's message was continually met with snorts of derisive laughter from passersby.
- He had a bad habit of talking to his employees in a derisive tone.
- Speaking in his own name, he is somewhat derisive about the critics of the first two volumes of his work.
- Such a statement would provoke derisive guffaws from enthusiasts wedded to the myth of England's glorious past.Advertisement
- I desperately race around the classroom, arms flailing in clumsy attempts to grasp at adolescent screeches and high-pitched howls of derisive laughter.
- He gives a derisive snort: ' I wouldn't believe what it says on one of those ' I can see him relax.
- Especially sanguinary was the struggle against the prophet Maslama (Mubarrad, Kamil 443, 5), commonly known by the derisive diminutive Mosailima.
- One notably agile Luggage has a secret weapon: it squirts derisive jets of water at opponents from its keyhole.
- Personally, I have to disappoint you again, but if you're taking a vote for any derisive activity, I'll cast my ballot for the boys, just on general principals.Advertisement
- Finally, when he officiated as high priest at the feast of tabernacles he roused the fury of the people by a derisive breach of the Pharisaic ritual.
- It should be remembered that the term "Abyssinian" is purely geographical, and has little or no ethnical significance; it is derived from the Arabic Habesh, " mixed," and was a derisive name applied by the Arabs to the heterogeneous inhabitants of the Abyssinian plateau.