Deride sentence example
- While there was much to admire in TPM, there was also, alas, much to deride.
- However the true error is made by those who deride the supposed cretins, morons and seven year olds.
- The upholders of such a theory would, in general, deride the term `"metaphysics" or "ontology"; but it is evident, none the less, that their position itself implies a certain theory of the universe and of our own place in it, and the establishment of this theory constitutes their metaphysics.
- Well might the Dead who struggled in the slime, Rise and deride this sepulcher of crime.
- Meanwhile newly-conquered England had its own problems to solve; and Germany, torn by civil war, and not naturally quick to kindle, could only deride the "delirium" of the crusader.'Advertisement