Depreciating sentence example
- 3, 1899) is very remarkable; indeed, though this writer is as little ecclesiastically-minded as Sabatier himself, his general picture of the state of religion in Italy at the time is far truer; here also Sabatier has given way to the usual temptation of biographers to exalt their hero by depreciating everybody else.
- Pliny disliked doctors, and lost no opportunity of depreciating regular medicine; nevertheless he has left many quotations from, and many details about, medical authors which are of the highest value.
- At Athens a low variety of the unit was adopted for the coinage, true to the object of Solon in depreciating debts; and the first coinage is of only 65.2, or scarcely within the range of the trade weights (28); this seems to have been felt, as, contrary to all other states, Athens slowly increased its coin weight up to 66.6, or but little under the trade average.
- Aneau pointed out the obvious inconsistency of inculcating imitation of the ancients and depreciating native poets in a work professing to be a defence of the French language.
- The tubers frequently show scurfy or scab-like spots upon their surface, thus greatly depreciating their value for market purposes.Advertisement
- It allows America to fund its wars and consumption with a depreciating currency.
- depreciatew to make your people a growing rather than a depreciating asset.
- depreciatet countries in Africa Malawi relies heavily on imports and the cost of these rises with a depreciating currency.
- depreciatently and rapidly depreciating pound strikes at the root of social justice.
- depreciate is her fortune but it's an asset that's fast depreciating.Advertisement
- When you lease a vehicle, you are only paying the depreciating value of the car for the time you have it.
- Instead, you are paying the vehicle's depreciating costs.
- The answer is one with a low depreciating value.
- This idea has been shaken by real estate bubbles bursting all over the country, and many investors have found their properties depreciating and their portfolio damaged.
- Liven up the Miami party scene or even the deck of your uncle's depreciating yacht with the carnal excitement of a Dolce & Gabbana Sicily.Advertisement
- It has been pointed out that this accords well with the Jesuit policy of depreciating the royal while exalting the papal prerogative.