Deprecate sentence example
- It is true that some philologists deprecate as unscientific the comparison of myths which are found in languages not connected with each other.
- I would strongly deprecate the former, for reasons which I will give.
- I do not deprecate the existence of sects in the world.
- We also deprecate the exaggerated language in which Mr. Hyam couched his submissions.
- In 1879, addressing a congress of Catholic journalists in Rome, he exhorted them to uphold the necessity of the temporal power, and to proclaim to the world that the affairs of Italy would never prosper until it was restored; in 1887 he found it necessary to deprecate the violence with which this doctrine was advocated in certain journals.Advertisement