Deportment sentence example
- The fifth compound, on the other hand, does not behave as an unsaturated aliphatic compound, but its deportment is that of a nucleus, many substitution derivatives being capable of synthesis.
- The effect of the privations and sufferings which he endured at this time was discernible to the last in his temper and his deportment.
- Be taught deportment, have your nails painted and have your eyebrows plucked (if you dare) by an understanding female.
- The Seriema, owing to its long legs and neck, stands some two feet or more in height, and in menageries bears itself with a stately deportment.
- Top F Footwork: In Highland dancing competitions dancers are judged on three basic areas: timing, technique and general deportment.Advertisement
- All Clearwings must have good size, large heads, good deportment and balance, like any other color or variety.
- Vasari eulogizes Mantegna for his courteous, distinguished and praiseworthy deportment, although there are indications of his having been not a little litigious in disposition.
- In 441 a synod of sixteen bishops was held at Orange under the presidency of St Hilary of Arles, which adopted thirty canons touching the reconciliation of penitents and heretics; the ecclesiastical right of asylum, diocesan prerogatives of bishops, spiritual privileges of the defective or demoniac, the deportment of catechumens at worship, and clerical celibacy (forbidding married men to be ordained as deacons, and digamists to be advanced beyond the sub-diaconate).