Deportations sentence example
- During 1915-6 organized massacres and deportations were carried out systematically, to the extent of almost uprooting the Armenian race from Asia Minor.
- And from the social side the development of law, the influence of city life, the formation of priesthoods, the connexion of particular deities with the fortunes of dynasties or the vicissitudes of nations, the processes of migration, of conquest and political fusion, the deportations of vanquished peoples, even the sale of slaves to distant lands and the growth of trade and travel, all contribute to the processes which expand and modify different pantheons, and determine the importance of particular deities.
- He struck at them by mixed commissions, deportations and the whole range of police measures.
- I'll prefer anything over becoming an accomplice to the crime of deportations!
- (b) Some fluctuation is obvious in the number, dates and extent of the deportations.Advertisement
- Smith thus sums up a discussion of the extent of the deportations:..
- In response to some threatened deportations, local communities including churches have set up campaigns.
- But, in the last month, two attempted deportations from France have ended in loss of life.
- Detainees have staged mass hunger strikes and physically resisted their deportations.
- By the 1980s, the deportations and show trials and other aspects of the Stalinist terror were fading from public memory.Advertisement
- You can download a petition to halt deportations to DRC.