Denticulated sentence example
- In the Auriculidae the aperture is denticulated.
- They are usually preserved as branching or unbranching carbonized bodies, tree-like, leaf-like or rod-like in shape, their edges regularly toothed or denticulated.
- But its altitude does not exceed 10,000 ft., and its steep rocky slopes meet in a sharp, denticulated crest.
- Terrestrial and usually littoral; genital duct monaulic, the penis being connected with the aperture by an open or closed groove; shell with a prominent spire, the internal partitions often absorbed and the aperture denticulated.
- " Here in the Astin-tagh the mountains, like those in the Kuruk-tagh, 2 are indeed severely weathered, but they always consist, from base to summit, of hard rock, bare and barren, most frequently piled up in eccentric, rugged masses, denticulated, pinnacled crests and peaks.Advertisement
- Referring to the figures (2, 3) for an explanation of terms applicable to the parts of the valve and the markings on its inner surface corresponding to the muscular areas already noted on the surface of the animal's body - we must specially note here the position of that denticulated thickening of the dorsal margin of the valve which is called the hinge (fig.