Denarius sentence example
- 6: "A choenix of wheat for a denarius, and three choenikes of barley for a denarius, and the oil and the wine hurt thou not."
- The unit of money was the denarius, not the silver, but a copper coin introduced by Diocletian, of which the value has been fixed approximately at kth of a penny.
- The scale of judicial fines is given in the denarius (" which makes so many solidi"), and it is known that the monetary system of the solidus did not appear until the Merovingian period.
- In Paris, after 1419, there existed a special hospice for the "fraternity of St James," in which from 60 to 80 pilgrims were received each day, fed, and presented with a quarter of a denarius (Dulaure, Hist.
- The denarius.Advertisement
- Verse 9: The workers who were hired about the eleventh hour came and each received a denarius.
- In the end, gently sifting away the excess, I uncovered another beautiful blackened denarius.
- When Jesus asks them if they have a silver denarius on their person, He tricks them into answering their own question.
- This is a silver denarius - the coin used to pay soldiers in the Roman army.
- Besides his papers in the Philosophical Transactions, the principal works of Greaves are Pyramidographia, or a Description of the Pyramids in Egypt (1646); A Discourse on the Roman Foot and Denarius (1649); and Elementa linguae Persicae (1649).Advertisement