Demur sentence example
- The Koreans did not accept the restoration of Japanese influence without demur.
- After some demur, the poet consented to accept it, but added, "For my own part, I shall regret my simple name all my life."
- He said the costs would be borne by the Home budget, and Council did not demur.
- For Judaism had organized itself; the Shulhan aruch of Joseph Qaro, printed in 1564 within a decade of its completion, though not accepted without demur, was nevertheless widely admitted as the code of Jewish life.
- The pope, Pius VII., who had long been kept under restraint by Napoleon at Fontainebleau, returned to Rome in May 1814, and was recognized by the congress of Vienna (not without some demur on the part of Austria) as the sovereign of all the former possessions of the Holy See.Advertisement
- He accepted the dignity at any rate without demur, and there seems little doubt that the question of assuming, or obtaining, this title had previously been discussed.