Demolishing sentence example
- We set about demolishing the table-like counter and had just completed it when our light began to fail.
- Not only does exposure to heat sufficient to coagulate protein matter destroy life, by demolishing Life con- the molecular structure upon which life depends; but ditioned all vital activity, all phenomena of nutritive growth, by tern' movement and reproduction are possible only be- perature.
- During the 1960s, government embarked on the disastrous policy of demolishing communities and rehousing them in soulless high rise blocks.
- If a park has been long abandoned, its rides, buildings, and other structures may fall victim to vandalism and arson, effectively demolishing the defunct rides.
- Some community development activities that use the funding are acquiring real estate, demolishing run down properties, rehabilitating houses, improving public facilities and paving streets and sidewalks.Advertisement
- These measures only increased Paul's unpopularity, so that when he died, on the 18th of August 1559, the Romans vented their hatred by demolishing his statue, liberating the prisoners of the Inquisition, and scattering its papers.
- But the bulk of his work consisted in imparting scientific definiteness to what was already vaguely known, and in demolishing the errors of his predecessors.
- When the insurgents under Duke Otto were joined by the Thuringians, Henry was compelled in 1074 to release Magnus and to make a number of concessions as the price of the peace of Gerstungen; which, however, was short-lived, as the peasants employed in pursuance of its terms in demolishing the forts, desecrated the churches and violated the ducal tombs.
- My first trial was for the most falsely alleged crime of burning and demolishing, or assisting to burn and demolish.
- This remains anathema to Western governments - which spent most of the 1980s demolishing commodity agreements - and to politically powerful transnational companies.Advertisement
- We will also be demolishing the old wooden bier shed in the car park behind the village hall.
- But I guess this will pass, and demolishing an outbuilding is perhaps a rather dramatic reaction to grief.