Demigods sentence example
- Wiser men were demigods to him.
- Their myths are inhabited by the lusty trickster Coyote, and other primordial zoomorphic demigods.
- Thus the ancient Greek religion was especially disposed to belief in heroes and demigods.
- 19 sqq.) comes the brief story of the demigods (vi.
- But in the 4th century this puritanic zeal gave way; and this and other pagan feasts were taken over by the Church; a century earlier in Asia Minor Gregory the Thaumaturge was actively transforming into shrines and cult of martyrs the temples and idolatrous rites of heroes and demigods.Advertisement
- He possessed, too, something of the heroic nature of the old Russian bogatuirs, or demigods, as we see them in the skazki and the builinui.
- The latter were not wholly mythical personages, though they were regarded as demigods (Manetho calls them the dead, P~Kves); they have been shown to be none other than the dim rulers of the predynastic age.
- Here is Ajodhya, the home of Rama, the most popular of Hindu demigods; and also Benares "and Muttra, the most sacred of Hindu shrines.
- Sometimes personal names are chosen, and they range from the gods and demigods to the slaves, from Hercules to Marcipor.
- "Looks like a convenient match-up between demigods," Czerno responded.Advertisement
- If they want to follow these demigods, this will destroy them, their parents and future generations.