Delphinium sentence example
- delphinium petals, grown in the UK and are excellent quality.
- Is ideal filled with real delphinium petal confetti (item 143 - as shown) or for your bridesmaids to hand out favors.
- They come out even better between other brightly colored plants like Delphinium, ornamental onions, iris stork 's bill or violet sage.
- Larkspur (Delphinium) - Few plants contribute so much to the beauty of the garden as these fine plants of the Crowfoot order.
- Floral: Flower candle scents are always popular, and hydrangea, lilac, and delphinium are perfect for blue.Advertisement
- Nearly all the species of plants which grow on these prairies are common to Europe (paeonics, Hemerocallis, asters, pinks, gentians, violets, Cypripedium, Aquilegia, Delphinium, aconites, irises and so on), but here the plants attain a much greater size; a man standing erect is often hidden by the grasses.
- The actual harbour, which was called Delphinium, was at the mouth of the Asopus, about a mile north of the city.
- Delphinium Ajacis and Delphinium Consolida (Larkspurs): hardy, 3 ft., various colours.
- In the violet the calycine segments are prolonged downwards beyond their insertions, and in the Indian cress (Tropaeolum) this prolongation is in the form of a spur (calcar), formed by three sepals; in Delphinium it is formed by one.