Delimit sentence example
- On the 3rd of February 1910 the Porte accepted a Bulgarian proposal for a mixed commission to delimit disputed sections of the Turco-Bulgarian frontier, and in March King Ferdinand visited Constantinople.
- During his ministry he developed the rapprochement of France with Russia - visiting St Petersburg with the president, Felix Faure - and sent expeditions to delimit the French colonies in Africa.
- After peace with Russia had been concluded, Gordon was attached to an international commission appointed to delimit the new boundary, as fixed by treaty, between Russia and Turkey in Bessarabia; and on the conclusion of this work he was ordered to Asia Minor on similar duty, with reference to the eastern boundary between the two countries.
- While they did not delimit the canon as Marcion did, the Gnostics also performed a catalytic function in the formation of the canon.
- The comma field separator serves no purpose except to delimit the format codes.Advertisement
- The success of the Anglo-Egyptian condominium, and the consequent economic and financial prosperity of Egypt proper, rendered it possible, during 1896-1898, to recover Fashoda from the Mahdists the Sudanese provinces (see Military Operations), and to delimit in that part of Africa, in accordance with Anglo-Egyptian interests, the respective spheres of influence of Great Britain and France.
- This action led to an arrangement in August of the same year for a joint Anglo-Russian commission to delimit the Afghan frontier.
- The expressions " science of finance " and " public finance " have been suggested as suitable to delimit the last mentioned application.