Deliberated sentence example
- She deliberated on this information.
- But in opposition to the party of order, he defined his own personal policy, as in his letter to Edgard Ney (August 16, 1849), which was not deliberated upon at the council of ministers, and asserted his intention "of not stifling Italian liberty," or by the change of ministry on the 31st of October 1849, when, "in order to dominate all parties," he substituted for the men coming from the Assembly, such as Odilon Barrot, creatures of his own, such as Rouher and de Parieu, the Auvergne avocats, and Achille Fould, the banker.
- She deliberated over how strange it was to experience Gabriel's emotions, even if briefly.
- Here they deliberated upon political matters and the vassals and prelates gave the king their advice.
- It deliberated in secret and had authority over the ministers; it was entrusted with the whole of the national defence and empowered to use all the resources of the state, and it quickly became the supreme power in the republic. Under it the ministers were no more than head clerks.Advertisement
- No Assembly after the states-general was freely elected and none deliberated in freedom.
- deliberated on the issues raised on the application.
- The chief feature in this was an idea concerning which he and Mrs Mill often deliberated - the necessity of providing checks against uneducated democracy.
- all questions were deliberated and settled in four distinct assemblies - the Italian, the French, the German and the English,' - the decisions of the nations being merely ratified afterwards pro forma by the council in general congregation, and also, if occasion arose, in public session.
- Meanwhile two long hours had been wasted on the right whilst Grouchy and Vandamme deliberated over their plan of action in front of the Prussian brigade at Gilly; and it was not until the emperor himself again reached the front, about 5.30 P.M., that vigour replaced indecision.Advertisement
- At larger gatherings the question of peace and war would be deliberated.
- His gaze returned to the screen as he deliberated over how close Czerno was and shelved the thought of letting her out of his sight.
- A second jury deliberated for nine hours and three minutes before reaching a majority decision that Lane was guilty.
- deliberated on the application, acknowledging the benefit to the local community of bringing an old derelict building back into use.
- deliberated over what should become of the contents of the church, most notably the Morris windows.Advertisement
- deliberated for nine hours and three minutes before reaching a majority decision that Lane was guilty.
- It solemnly deliberated over an opinion, which Etruscan soothsayers of acknowledged wisdom had furnished respecting certain signs and wonders at its special request.
- Along with a long-awaited, well deliberated dress and perfectly coiffed hair, many girls wear a prom hand corsage.