Dekker sentence example
- With Thomas Dekker he wrote The Fairy Knight and The Bristowe Merchant (licensed in 1624, but both unpublished), with John Webster A late Murther of the Sonne upon the Mother (licensed in 1624).
- There remain two other dramatic works, of very different kinds, in which Ford co-operated with other writers, the mask of The Sun's Darling (acted 1624, printed 1657), hardly to be placed in the first rank of early compositions, and The Witch of Edmonton (printed 1658, but probably acted about 1621), in which we see Ford as a joint writer with Dekker and Rowley of one of the most powerful domestic dramas of the English or any other stage.
- The Witch of Edmonton was attributed by its publisher to William Rowley, Dekker, Ford, "&c.," but the body of the play has been generally held to be ascribable to Ford and Dekker only.
- Supposing Dekker to be chiefly responsible for the scenes dealing with the unfortunate old woman whom persecution as a witch actually drives to become one, and Ford for the domestic tragedy of the bigamist murderer, it cannot be denied that both divisions of the subject are effectively treated, while the more important part of the task fell to the share of Ford.
- With Dekker Ford also wrote the mask of The Sun's Darling; or, as seems most probable, they founded this production upon Phaeton, an earlier mask, of which Dekker had been sole author.Advertisement
- Gifford holds that Dekker's hand is perpetually traceable in the first three acts of The Sun's Darling, and through the whole of its comic part, but that the last two acts are mainly Ford's.
- Yet he ventured to publish an edition of Shakespeare, without having ever in his life, as far as can be discovered, read a single scene of Massinger, Ford, Dekker, Webster, Marlow, Beaumont or Fletcher.
- Dekker's formula (Ber., 1906, 39, p. 2 497).
- from Norman French of Raoul le Fevre), Chapman's translation of Homer, and perhaps a play on the subject by Dekker and Chattle.
- Later Cees Dekker's group in Delft used NT transistors to make logic circuitry (Science, 9 November 2001 ).Advertisement
- The first took the big streamer (again a 6/0 Dubbel Dekker) under a bridge.
- Douwes Dekker, which contained a scathing indictment of the colonial system.
- Legend Desmond Dekker, who brought the sound of Jamaican ska music to the world has died, He was 64.
- The saying, "It's all Greek to me," came from a number of early writers such as Thomas Dekker and William Shakespeare.
- New York: Marcel Dekker Incorporated, 2002.Advertisement
- Money Folding: Making Banknotes into Gifts You Can Spend by Jannie van Schuylenburg Dekker covers a number of simple origami projects, including cars, hats, flowers, and a fun "money monster" that's sure to earn rave reviews.
- Raymond Burr was the actor added with Godzilla, and Albert Dekker and Brian Donlevy were the American stars used in Gamera's first movie remake.