Dejectedly sentence example
- "All right," he conceded dejectedly.
- Pouring himself a cup of coffee, he lounged against the counter dejectedly.
- England 's players trudged off the field dejectedly, with the crowd in no doubt who they wanted to see introduced.
- trudged off the field dejectedly, with the crowd in no doubt who they wanted to see introduced.
- The "Melancolia," numbered "1" as though intended to be the first of a series, with its brooding winged genius sitting dejectedly amidst a litter of scientific instruments and symbols, is hard to interpret in detail, but impossible not to recognize in general terms as an embodiment of the spirit of intellectual research (the student's "temperament" was supposed to be one with the melancholic), resting sadly from its labours in a mood of lassitude and defeat.Advertisement