Deify sentence example
- airoOEav, to make a god, to deify), literally deification.
- But if it be presupposed that the purpose of Christ's mission was to deify men by bestowing physical immortality, then we must assume, first, Christ's essential Godhead, and, secondly, the fusion of His divine and human natures.
- deify man and humanize God.
- deify humanity and make self his god, but a god of some sort he must have.
- All phenomena, moral as well as material, are contemplated by him in their relation to one great organic whole, which he acknowledges under the name of "Natura daedala rerum," and the most beneficent manifestations of which he seems to symbolize and almost to deify in the "Alma Venus," whom, in apparent contradiction to his denial of a divine interference with human affairs, he invokes with prayer in the opening lines of the poem.Advertisement
- It is very important that you do not deify us.
- deify what in fact are deified abstractions and why do they exist?
- deify almost deified teletext machine is a little odd, given that the Village has far more sophisticated communications devices at it's disposal.
- once enlightened you will no longer be forever seeking to change, deny, defend, or deify your experience of reality.
- deify magistrates had to swear by Jupiter, the deified emperors and by whatever gods were worshiped locally.Advertisement
- deify cognitive aspects of human knowledge were virtually deified by the Enlightenment.