Defrauded sentence example
- When the booty was divided, Morgan is accused of having defrauded his followers.
- He didn't steal the money—he found it—and aside from some name changing, it would be hell to prove he defrauded anyone.
- In 1858 he was sent to California by the United States attorney-general as special Federal agent for the settlement of land claims, and he succeeded in breaking up a conspiracy by which the government would have been defrauded of vast tracts of land of almost inestimable value.
- Defrauded of their bloody diversion, the people were wild with rage.
- Yet, in 1713, he was implicated in the famous Solov'ey process, in the course of which it was demonstrated that he had defrauded the government of ioo,000 roubles.'Advertisement
- As secretary of the treasury (1874-1876) he prosecuted with vigour the so-called "Whisky Ring," the headquarters of which was at St Louis, and which, beginning in 1870 or 1871, had defrauded the Federal government out of a large part of its rightful revenue from the distillation of whisky.
- In 1853 exhaustive experiments were carried out in England with a view to ascertaining whether it would be possible so to treat alcohol as to allow it to be used industrially without, at the same time, any risk of the revenue being defrauded.
- He didn't steal the moneyâ€”he found itâ€”and aside from some name changing, it would be hell to prove he defrauded anyone.
- defrauded by scholarship scams.
- defrauded out of a lot of money.Advertisement
- Villehardouin does not in the least conceal the fact that the pope ("l'apostoilles de Rome," as he calls him, in the very phrase of the chansons) was very angry with this; for his own part he seems to think of little or nothing but the reparation due to the republic, which had loyally kept its bargain and been defrauded of the price, of the infamy of breaking company on the part of members of a joint association, and perhaps of the unknightliness of not taking up an adventure whenever it presents itself.
- The FDIC should be your first stop for filing a complaint or getting more information if you think you're being defrauded.
- Following his conviction and subsequent jail time (he defrauded PTL supporters of more than $150 million), Bakker and Messner divorced.
- The names of all the children / heirs who were allegedly defrauded may be given.